Sure, you can start a chapter!
It’s easy and it won’t cost you anything.
- a custom logo for your D&E chapter that features recognizable local landmarks or events (that’s the Dallas Turkey Trot for the DFW chapter, for example).
- a newsletter signup list for your chapter so you can send event updates
- access to logo merchandise with your chapter’s logo in the Wellness Victories store (yes, OF COURSE you can get logo’d wicking t-shirts!)
We only have three rules:
Using our logo and other resources is free; but you have to follow our rules. If you don’t, you can’t use our name or the logos we provide or our newsletter service.
And the rules are…
1) This is a grassroots organization.
Membership is free, events are free, and the chapters are run by volunteers.
You can ask for nominal amounts occasionally to defray costs, but that’s it. And to be honest, we discourage that. Your time – not money – is what really makes D&E go.
2) Everyone’s welcome
Type 1, Type 2, young, old, any size, any flavor.
You get the idea. I-N-C-L-U-S-I-V-E.
No blame, no shame. It’s not your fault you’re diabetic. Stuff happens. Period. So what are you going to do about it, huh?
3) You can’t use our logos for commercial gain
If you have a diabetes-related logo merchandise idea, get in touch – we can probably add it to the Wellness Victories store for you.